We’re all pretty amazing on our own. But put us in a team, and we’re phenomenal. Something incredible happens when you work together.
Teams are invested in each other and their goals. You’ll work faster and wiser with a strong team. The following is a list of 95 of the best team quotes you’ll find to inspire and celebrate team building, teamwork, and collaboration. As a bonus, you’ll find a few quotes from some well-known athletes.
What is a Team and Teamwork?
A team is a group of people working together towards a common goal. Teams are all around us. You’ll find them working together on projects, sports, advisory teams, leadership tasks, and more. Teams require people to work together through teamwork.
Teamwork is work done by people working together to meet a common objective.
Best Team Quotes
There’s nothing like working in a team. Teams maximize every member’s skills.
You know the old saying, “aces in their places.” If you keep the team at the center of the job, you’ll reap some pretty incredible benefits. Get started building team spirit with this list of team quotes:
- “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much” Helen Keller (Activist, Teacher)
- “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it” H. E. Luccock (Professor)
- It’s very dramatic when two people come together to work something out. It’s easy to take a fun and annihilate your opposition, but what is really exciting to me is to see people with differing views come together and finally respect each other” Fred Rogers (Children’s entertainer)
- Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people” Steve Jobs (former CEO of Apple)
- Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there” Virginia Burden (Author)
- The chain is only as strong as its weakest link, for if that fails the chain fails and the object that it has been holding up falls to the ground” Thomas Reid, Philosopher
- If you can laugh together, you can work together” Robert Orben (writer, comedian)
- Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference” Alison Pincus
- To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strengths as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority” Christine Caine
- A team is not a group of peopel who work together. A team is people who trust each other” Simon Sinek
- Tough times don’t last. Tough teams do” Robert Schuller
- No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game you’ll always lose out to a team” Reid Hoffman
- The secret is to gang up on the problem, rather than each other” Thomas Stallkamp
- Strong and cohesive teams thrive when leaders highlight how much they all have in common, not how much he or she stands above from the crowd” Moira Alexander
- A group becomes a team wehn each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others” Norman Shidle
- Strategy is not a solo sport, even if you’re the CEO” Max McKeown
- The bigger the dream, the more important to the team” Robin Sharma
- A successful team is a group of many hands and one mind” Bill Bethel
- The whole is better than the sum of the parts” Kurt Koffka
- Interdependent people combine their own effort with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success” Stephen Covey
- You’ve never heard the phrase: Divided we stand” Manuel Corazzari
- We rise by lifting others” Robert Ingersoll
- Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs” Malcolm Forbes
- In business, nothing great can be done by one person alone (typically) but, with a team, great things can happen” Steven Dunlop
- A sustainable world means working together to create prosperity for all” Jacqueline Novogratz
- A great team consists of great people who believe in the idea of its leader and align themselves with it until it is achieved” Aiyaz Uddin
- The second you make it all about you, is the second you’ve already lost. It’s about people–it always has been and it always will be” Chris Hill
- All for one and one for all” Alexandre Dumas
- People working together can overcome many obstacles, often within themselves, and by doing so can make the world a better place” Mo Mowlam
- The world is so complex, no one person has the skills or knowledge to accomplish all that we want to accomplish. Interdisciplinary teams are the way to make that happen” Susan McDaniel
Teamwork enhances productivity and innovation. It forces employees to engage and work together. As a result, you’ll gain fresh perspectives and learn to look at problems from different views. Teamwork is a soft skill that everyone can use. We use teamwork to complete projects, develop missions, and hit organizational goals and targets.
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” Andrew Carnegie (Industrialist & Philanthropist)
- “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison” James Cash Penney
- Teamwork makes the dream work, but a vision becomes a nightmare when the leader has a big dream and a bad team” John C. Maxwell (Author, speaker, coach)
- None of us is as smart as all of us” Ken Blanchard
- Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success” Henry Ford (Industrialist)
- If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself” Henry Ford
- No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you” Althea Gibson
- United you will be more than a match for your enemies. But if you quarrel and separate, your weakness will put you at the mercy of those who attack you” Aesop (Writer).
- Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation, and consensus” Simon Mainwaring
- It’s not the quality of the man, it’s the quality of the team” Garth Stein
- Not finance, not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and rare” Patrick Lencioni
- When he took time to help the man up the mountain, lo, he scaled it himself” Tibetan Proverb
- No problem is insurmountable. With a little courage, teamwork, and determination a person can overcome anything” B Dodge
- The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side” Margaret Carty
- Teamwork means that you are willing to compromise when it is best for the team to advance to reach their goals” Byron Pulsifer
- Don’t aspire to be the best on the team. Aspire to be the best for the team” Brian Tracy
- When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality” Joe Paterno
- It takes both sides to build a bridge” Fredrik Nael
- When you hand good people possibility, they do great things” Biz Stone
- Be fast, be first, but never be alone. Nothing can replace the value of teamwork” Farshad Asl
- Success is best when it’s shared” Howard Schultz
- Teamwork. A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction” Justin Sewell
- The smallest of contributions made collectively makes the biggest difference” Shahenshah Hafeez Khan
- Teamwork is a dance–engrossing to perform and exciting to watch
- You are either supporting the vision or supporting division” Saji Ijiyemi
- Teamwork is the secret that makes common people achieve uncommon results” Ifeanyi Onuoha
- Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers” Pat Riley
- There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests get together to work toward the same goals” Idowu Koyenikan
- The answers we seek will never be found by you or by me. They can only be found by us” Sash Kanthan
- You build a company by building your people” Janna Cachola
- With teamwork we are able to multiple our output and minimize individual input” Ogwo David Emenike
Collaborating and teamwork are sometimes used interchangeably. But they’re not the same thing. Teamwork combines individual efforts to achieve one goal.
Collaboration is a group activity that requires all team members to work together equally. There’s no leader when you’re collaborating. Collaboration increases engagement and success. It helps develop interpersonal skills as every person is expected to contribute something, including their ideas, opinions, and/or knowledge. In the real world, we collaborate to brainstorm ideas, have discussions, and analyze problems.
- The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” Phil Jackson
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else” Booker T. Washington (Activist, Educator)
- It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed” Napoleon Hill (Author)
- It’s better to have a great team than a team of greats” Simon Sinek (Author)
- The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side” Margaret Carty (Politician)
- Individually we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean” Ryunosuke Satoro (Author)
- When you collaborate with individuals who push you to be your best, with no excuses, great things are bound to happen. You are only as extraordinary as the people around you and the desire within” Liz Faublas
- Communication works for those who at it” John Powell, Film Composer
- None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful” Mother Teresa
- Together, ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results” Becka Schoettleteam
- Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence Mike Schmoker
- Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can bve achieved” Mattie Stepanek
- There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” George Shinn
- The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first” Iyanla Vanzant
- Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever” Amy Poehler
- I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things” Mother Teresa
- If you take out the team in teamwork, it’s just work. Now who wants that? Matthew Woodring Stover
- In the midst of chaos, there is opportunity” Sun Tzu
- It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit” Harry S Truman
- If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants” Isaac Newton
- Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up” Oliver Wendell Holmes
- When you need to innovate, you need collaboration” Marissa Mayer
- Colloaboration has no hierarchy. The Sun collaborates with soil to bring flowers on the earth” Amit Ray.
- I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I sure can pick smart colleagues” Franklin D. Roosevelt
- It is the long history of humankind that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
Bonus: Sports Edition Team Building Quotes
There’s no such thing as competing in sports by yourself. It takes a team. Sure, you may find individuals competing as opposed to teams, but that individual didn’t get there by themself. Despite great talent, there’s always room for improvement. Take a look at these team-building quotes from worldwide athletes to inspire your team.
- To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” Mike Kryzewski
- Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships” Michael jordan.
- “Individual commitment to a group effort-that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work” Vince Lombardi (Football coach)
- The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime” Babe Ruth (Baseball player).
- I’ve neer scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else” Abby Wambach (Soccer player)
- No individual can win a game by himself’ Pelé, Soccer player
- You don’t win alone. That’s just how it is” Tobio Kageyama
- Bad attitudes will ruin your team” Terry Bradshaw
- Being a good teammate isn’t about recognition. I do it because it makes me whole and complete” Dwayne Wade (Basketball player).
No matter how great you are, you’re better in a team. Building a successful team to work with you enhances everything you do. Inspire those around you with these 95 best team quotes.
Do you have any quotes that inspire you to work in teams? Let me know in the comments below!
Theresa is a personal finance blogger. She writes content for busy professional women to take control of their money and investments. She enjoys reading, traveling, cooking, and writing. Her work has been featured on GoBanking Rates, Your Money Geek, Savoteur, the Corporate Quitter, Thirty Eight Investing, and more.